Housing Services Mid Michigan (Charlotte, MI) has an opening for a full time Housing Resource Specialist working with homeless persons and those in danger of becoming homeless by providing case management, financial assistance, and referrals.
· Provide triage for clients who call or walk in.
· Provide case management to rapidly re-house the homeless persons and homelessness prevention by providing information, referrals, and intake & assessment appointments
· Prepare a housing plan using the client’s goals
· Assist client with housing plan by providing information, referrals including appropriate entitlement programs, directions, and education including subsidized housing
· Oversee the Housing Choice voucher Homeless Preference waiting list
· · Maintain paper files and case notes, answer questions from the HMIS data staff as needed to maintain quality data
· Assist clients with their housing search through applications for rental assistance, advocacy, landlord/tenant issues, and education.
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours: Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00
Education: Some college coursework in social work or a human services field. Prefer Bachelors degree.
Experience: Prefer a minimum of one year’s experience working with those in crisis or minimum of one year’s experience in housing assistance. Computer experience required.
Wage: $14.00/hr. to start. Wage negotiable depending on experience.
Benefits: health insurance, paid vacation & sick leave, 403B option (no match), short & long term disability insurance, Flex plan, paid mileage
Please submit a Cover Letter with your resume by 11/18