Housing Services Mid Michigan is now offering online homebuyer education through eHome America (http://www.ehomeameric.org/hsmm).
- The same quality education as before
- Work through the material at your own pace
- Complete the course from the comfort of your own home
- Fulfills MSHDA Homebuyer Education requirement
We are glad that you have taken this step in your home buying process. Please take the time to read through the steps so you can know what to expect throughout this process.
Register by clicking here http://www.ehomeamerica.org/hsmm and pay the course fee of $99.
Complete the course content, at your own pace. Make sure if something comes up you have questions about to write it down.
Work with Housing Services Mid Michigan to obtain Certificate of Completion (see those steps below).
After completing the online course, you will receive a Congratulations email from a Homebuyer education specialist in 24 to 48 business hours. In this email you will find the documents attached that must be completed and returned prior to scheduling you phone interview.
Forms in email to be completed:
- Housing Services Mid Michigan Housing Education Program Household profile
- MSHDA Housing Education program Agreement & Release of information
- Housing Services Mid Michigan Housing Education Program Agreement & Release of information
Also included are informational documents:
- For your protection Get a Home inspection
- eHome Important questions to ask a home inspector
Once you returned documents have been reviewed (this can take 24 to 48 business hours) you will get a time and date with your phone interview. This will be set up through email.
The Homebuyer education specialist will call you at scheduled time and hold phone interview. Once this is complete you will be emailed with the Certificate of Completion.
Lender Referral Classes
Housing Services Mid Michigan also provides one-on-one homebuyer education to clients who are working with a MSHDA approved lender to finalize the purchase of their home, using MSHDA mortgage product. Lenders who wish to refer clients for Lender Referral Homebuyer Education should contact our office at (517) 541-1180.
HSMM is a HUD approved housing counseling agency and we are adopters of the National Industry Standards of Homeownership Counseling.