The homelessness and eviction program provides case management and financial assistance for clients who are homeless or are facing a court ordered eviction in Clinton or Eaton County. Case managers assist clients in developing a sustainable household budget. Using agency resources, clients search for affordable housing that meets their needs. Financial assistance is available based on current funding and program guidelines. In all cases, case managers work collaboratively with clients to develop a plan for affordable permanent housing.
To meet with a case managers, individuals must be homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, or be in a court ordered eviction in Clinton or Eaton counties. To schedule a appointment call the office in your county or stop by during business hours to complete the screening process.
Information to Bring to Appointment
- Proof of income for the last 30 days (paycheck stubs, award letter, or bank statement showing direct deposits)
- Proof of emergency (court judgment, homeless shelter verification, letter from people you are staying with)
- Photo ID for everyone over 18 in your household
- Social Security cards for everyone in your household
- SER Decision Notice
- Information about monthly expenses (food, utilities, gas, etc.)
Please Note: An appointment with us does not guarantee financial assistance with your housing emergency. If HSMM can assist financially, it will only be with a portion of the total amount. Here are a few other agencies that may be able to assist:
Department of Health and Human Services - (517) 543-0860
Salvation Army - (517) 484-4424
Capital Area Community Services - (517) 541-5465
Siren/Eaton Shelter - (800) 899-9997